During the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, Ballinger Equine is continuing to provide an urgent care and 24/7 emergency service in accordance with UK Government and Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) guidelines.
Uninterrupted, comprehensive 24/7 out-of-hours emergency service
Our around-the-clock urgent care and emergency service will continue uninterrupted throughout the Easter bank holiday. It is important not to delay urgent treatment should your horse or pony require it, so if you are in any doubt at all or you have a concern about the health and welfare of your horse, please be sure to call 01462 414008 at any time and consult one of our veterinary surgeons who will be happy to help.
Social distancing during treatment
When one of our veterinary surgeons is called out to visit your horse or pony, please be sure to observe the following guidance:
- There should be no more than two people at the premises, including the Ballinger Equine veterinary surgeon.
- Our veterinary surgeons are instructed not to proceed with a visit if there is more than one other person in the immediate vicinity.
- Please practice your own bio-security during a visit. Wash and sanitise your hands thoroughly, and for more than 20 seconds, immediately before and after our visit.
- Keep at least two metres distance from our vet and be mindful of safeguarding their personal health.
- Do not cough or sneeze anywhere near our vet.
- If you need a visit to your horse or pony but are experiencing symptoms of the virus (persistent dry cough, shortness of breath and a high temperature) do not under any circumstances attend the visit, stay indoors where you are self-isolating and remain in contact with the veterinary surgeon via your ‘phone. The same applies if you or anybody you live with is currently, has been, or is suspected to be at risk of infection. Stay self-isolated. The vet will take increased precautions during the visit and will not see you or your contacts.
Online pharmacy operating as usual
The Ballinger Equine online pharmacy service is unaffected by the current public health emergency and all online orders are being delivered as normal. Orders placed during the Easter bank holiday will be processed immediately the office opens after the date the order is placed.
New client registrations, emailed general enquiries and non-urgent voicemail messages will all be attended to during office open hours, Monday to Friday 0830hrs to 1700hrs except bank holidays.
As always – in case of a veterinary emergency: call 01462 414008 without delay.
Ballinger Equine wishes everybody a safe, healthy and happy Easter.