Throughout the entirety of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are proud to have continued to provide continuous, uninterrupted emergency and out-of-hours cover, ensuring animal welfare and peace of mind for all our clients. This Easter we are operating full out-of-hours service as normal. Please be sure to follow strict COVID-19 biosecurity during a visit from one of our veterinary surgeons.
Uninterrupted, full out-of-hours 24/7 emergency service
Our around-the-clock urgent care and emergency service will continue throughout the Easter bank holiday. It is important not to delay urgent treatment should your horse or pony require it, so if you are in any doubt at all or you have a concern about the health and welfare of your horse, please be sure to call 01462 414008 at any time and consult one of our veterinary surgeons who will be happy to help.
COVID-19 biosecurity for all visits
It is important that only one other person is present during a visit and they must remain at a minimum of 2 meters distance from the vet. A mask or other suitable face covering must be worn at all times. Those people who are exempt from wearing a face covering should arrange for somebody else who can wear a mask or face covering to be present at the visit in their place.
When one of our veterinary surgeons visits your horse or pony, please observe the following guidance:
- Our veterinary surgeons are instructed not to proceed with a visit if social distancing is not being adhered to, if masks or face coverings are not being worn correctly or they consider the conditions are unsafe.
- Please practice your own bio-security during a visit. Wash and sanitise your hands thoroughly, and for more than 20 seconds, immediately before and again after our visit.
- Keep a minimum two metres distance from our vet and be mindful of safeguarding their personal health.
- Wear a face covering or mask throughout the visit.
- Stay at least two metres from the Ballinger Equine truck and any veterinary equipment.
- If you need a visit to your horse or pony but are experiencing symptoms of the virus (persistent dry cough, shortness of breath, a loss of, or change to your sense of smell or taste, and a high temperature) do not under any circumstances attend the visit, stay indoors where you are self-isolating and remain in contact with the veterinary surgeon via your ‘phone. The same applies if you or anybody you live with is currently, has been, or is suspected to be at risk of infection. Stay self-isolated. The vet will take increased precautions during the visit and will not see you or your contacts.
Online pharmacy operating as usual
The Ballinger Equine online pharmacy service is unaffected by the current public health situation and all online orders are being delivered as normal, subject to slight delays with Royal Mail and Parcelforce. Orders placed during the Easter bank holiday will be processed immediately the office opens after the date the order is placed.
New client registrations, appointment requests, emailed general enquiries and non-urgent voicemail messages will all be attended to during office open hours, Monday to Friday 0830hrs to 1700hrs except bank holidays.
As always – in case of a veterinary emergency: call 01462 414008 without delay.
Everybody in the Ballinger Equine team wishes all our clients and their horses and ponies a safe, healthy and happy Easter.